Monday, July 31, 2006
Saturday, July 29, 2006
Before we begin on that I wanted to replace our old shower screen, a glass sliding thing that has been in the house for about 10 years. We now have a very nice folding one that I put in, including fresh sealing along most of the tub.
Also needed to finish up the top floor of our house which I had remodelled myself, adding a loft and splitting the large single area into two rooms. We only needed to finish the painting of the laundry area (two walls and the ceiling) one last time. I also want to put up some decorative things in the corners where the walls meet the ceiling to hide any gaps between these walls. They are there to allow the room which is built on the top floor of our house to work in the heat and cold. Once the paint dries I can hang pictures and mark this done!
Next step is to clean out my daughters new room and get it done before the end of August.
Monday, July 24, 2006
Total ride of 109,6 km. Average speed on the way there was 29,7 km/hr and I was able to hold long stretches of road at 32 km/hr. No rest stops on the way or back home (normally I stop at least once each way to give my bottom a rest). Total average speed was 28,6 km/hr for the total ride.
I was flying, I guess our vacation for three weeks in the Dutch mountains paid off!
Sunday, July 16, 2006
Saturday, July 15, 2006
Friday, July 14, 2006
The final week (July 12) on vacation in Limburg and I have finished my mountain ’stage’!
- 11/07 - 2x Keutenberg and swing by Margraten in a 35 km ride (will post pictures of this soon)
Grand total of 35 km and 3 climbs!
The second week (July 08) on vacation in Limburg and I have takes a bit longer trips to include Belgium.
- 2/07 - Gulperberg + 4 km climb to Margraten + 4e cat. climb by Eckelrade + long climb to Cadier en Keer + Cauberg in a 42 km ride
- 06/07 - followed part of the course from the 3rd stage of Tour de France: 3 km 4e cat. climb from Eijs to Trintelen + Cauberg + 4e cat. climb from Wijlte to Elkenrade in a 33 km ride
- 08/07 - Vaals + 3 landenpunt 4e cat climb + Belgium via Sippenaeken - Teuven - Slenaken which included 3x long 4e cat. climbs + 4e cat. climb from Tour de France stage by Slenaken in a 50 km ride
Grand total of 125 km and 13 climbs!
The first week (June 29) on vacation in Limburg and I have checked out the three most famous ‘mountains’ they have here.
- 24/06 - Keuterberg in a 27 km ride
- 25/06 - Gulperberg in a 37 km ride
- 27/06 - 2x The Cauberg in a 40 km ride
- 29/06 - 4 km climb by Epen in a 33 km ride
Grand total of 137 km and 5 climbs!
I visited Margraten on the 3rd of July with my daughter to place some flowers and pass on a bit of the story to her. Was a nice thing to start sharing with her, I hope to do this often in the future together.
The first picture is of us laying the flowers that my daughter picked herself on PFC Henry L. Hoopers grave. The second is of us selecting a single flower to be placed on a Medal of Honor winner who lays a few rows away (I always do this when I visit). The final picture shows us talking a bit about what happened to PFC Henry L. Hooper. Even though I know she will not understand most of it I feel one can begin small with these stories.