Look no further as we have pulled together this workshop so that you can construct an evening, half day or full day session of learning around JBoss BRMS.
You can setup this workshop and run it at any event as it can be constructed to take from a half to full day to complete. Think of the following possibilities for this workshop:
- local Java User Group (JUG)
- local JBoss User Group (JBug)
- local tech meetup
- work interest group
- after hours meetup at work
- submit it to a conference (yes you can use this!)
|JBoss BRMS workshop to build a retail online|
web shop experience.
Here are the four steps to get you started preparing to present this workshop to your excited attendees.
1. Get projectTo run this workshop we will need to obtain a copy for ourselves and maybe tell the workshop attendees where to get it. It is a self contained setup so that makes it very easy with it hosted online:
2. Get productsNow you will need to add three JBoss products that you can download from the Red Hat Customer Portal. You will need the following:
- JBoss EAP 6.4 installer (jboss-eap-6.4.0-installer.jar)
- JBoss BRMS 6.1 installer (jboss-brms-6.1.0.GA-installer.jar)
- JBoss BRMS 6.1.1 patch (jboss-brms-6.1.1-patch.zip)
3. Ready workshop for attendeesNow that you have the products listed above, you need to put them into the proper location. This is in the installs directory found here:
4. Prepare for workshopNow you have the workshop ready for your attendees, you show up at the event and want to get started.
|Shop in the online JBoss BRMS Cool Store.|
- Get started with rules and events
- Red Hat JBoss BRMS - a shopping cart example in the Cool Store Demo
- JBoss BRMS Cool Store Demo Part II - Complex events and business rules (video)
- JBoss BRMS Cool Store Demo Part III - BPM and decision tables (video)
This will have them run the project installation and point them to the initial workshop slides where they start building rules, events and other artifacts.
|Looking to Automate your business?|
We hope you can think of this as your go to JBoss BRMS workshop in a can, where you will be able to amaze friends, colleagues and family with your ability to lead them through building a JBoss BRMS project.
Any and all feedback welcome, feel free to reach out to me directly with you comments.