Look no further as we have pulled together this workshop so that you can construct an evening or half day session of learning around JBoss BPM Suite and JBoss Fuse.
You can setup this workshop and run it at any event as it takes roughly a half day to complete. Think of the following possibilities for this workshop:
- local Java User Group (JUG)
- local JBoss User Group (JBug)
- local tech meetup
- work interest group
- after hours meetup at work
- submit it to a conference (yes you can use this!)
JBoss BPM Suite & JBoss Fuse microservices
migration story in a workshop!
This workshop was put together by myself and Christina Lin, who is the JBoss Technology Evangelist for JBoss Fuse and A-MQ.
This workshop will guide you through the creation of a customer care project containing several BPM processes that integrate seamlessly with JBoss Fuse, Camel routes, provide full BAM reporting abilities and manage it all wtih Fuse Fabric.
Get ready for a few hours of fun and adventure as you kick the tires, because after all, a Camel has no purpose until there is a process.
1. Get projectTo run this workshop we will need to obtain a copy for ourselves and maybe tell the workshop attendees where to get it. It is a self contained setup so that makes it very easy with it hosted online:
This should give you a workshop hosted under a directory summit-racing-camel-with-jboss-bpm-fuse-master.
2. Get productsNow you will need to add three JBoss products that you can download from the Red Hat Customer Portal. You will need the following:
- JBoss EAP 6.4 installer (jboss-eap-6.4.0-installer.jar)
- JBoss BPM Suite 6.1 installer (jboss-bpmsuite-6.1.0.GA-installer.jar)
- JBoss Fuse 6.2.0 zip (jboss-fuse-full-6.2.0.redhat-133.zip)
You can also obtain the JBoss EAP and JBoss BPM Suite versions at their respective JBoss.org product pages (linked above) with a developer download.
3. Ready workshop for attendeesNow that you have the products listed above, you need to put them into the proper location. This is in the installs directory found here:
|Click to see video of the final results!|
4. Prepare for workshopNow you have the workshop ready for your attendees, you show up at the event and want to get started.
The first step is to introduce the topics around rules, event and processes, then lead into integration of the JBoss BPM Travel Agency with web services that now will be migrated to JBoss Fuse microservices.
Read up on these topics and watch the videos available here:
- Background JBoss BPM Travel Agency
- Video series on how to run JBoss BPM Travel Agency (1 of 4)
- JBoss BPM story for Travel Agency migration to microservices
- JBoss Fuse Travel Agency migration to microservices part I
- JBoss Fuse Travel Agency migration to microservices part II
- JBoss Fuse Travel Agency migration to microservices part III
This will have them run the projects installation and point them to the initial workshop slides where they start building rules, a process and lead into microservice development.
|Looking to Automate your business?|
We hope you can think of this as your JBoss integration workshop in a can, where you will be able to amaze friends, colleagues and family with your ability to lead them through a JBoss BPM project's microservices migration story.
Any and all feedback welcome, feel free to reach out to me directly with you comments.