Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Moving deadline approaching


Finished up the painting on Saturday, you wouldn't believe the damage I have done to my hands after 7 days straight painting these granulated walls... but it is done. Some pictures this time of the clothes, as you can see it gets to be a bit messy!

I spent Sunday mostly just taking it easy, but in the evening I thought it might be a good idea to fill up the water heater system as the pressure was registering at 0 bar (it should be around 2 bar). I borrowed a hose from a friend and filled the heater up, which immediately started to spit out water through a broken overflow valve. Sigh, here we go again. We thought this might be a problem as the water heater is over 12 years old and was last checked by the previous owners in 2002 (they basically have done nothing of the basic maintenance on the house, I have run into all kinds of simple chores that result from lazy / incapable owners). We have a full service contract on our current water heater that we wanted to transfer over, they were nice about it when we called. The man they sent over the next day went through the water heater and replaced 5 parts, basically all core components were rotten. We are up and running with warm water and heating again. He was also nice enough to clean out the central house fan next to the heater when my wife asked him about it.

Monday was spent laying out the floor in our bedroom, which I did together with my buddy Robert. We spent about 2 hours on it, was not really a problem. We spent the rest of the afternoon taking apart our great big floor to ceiling clothes closet, as you can see it is a bit of a monster (Robert's face is altered in the picture to protect the innocent). I was glad to get this done so I could take over all of our cloths in the evening. I spent some time setting up the living room book cases and emptied out about 8 boxes into them.

Tuesday I spent home with the kids so the wife could clean up the new house. The kitchen, pantry, bathroom, bath, etc. I took apart the kids bedrooms and boxed up some of their clothing/toys. We are doing really good with all this planning and preparing so far.

Tomorrow I need to fill the hold where the wall was for the new kids room door. It needs some concrete and time to dry so that the carpeting coming can be laid down over it. Busy, busy!